Monday, March 12, 2007

Let's do lunch

Yea! I finally got to see the family that hosted me for a night when I visited in 2004. Motoko Honda (center) and her husband live in Konagai, a town part of Isahaya city, about 45 minutes from where I live in Nishi Isahaya (that, of course is my car - it's probably at least 3 hours by bike!). Motoko san's friend, Chieko san and Takako sensei, my JTE from Takaki Bunko, and I enjoyed a lovely lunch at Motoko san's house one Saturday. What feast! We even had some fish that her brother had caught in the bay. Since my Japanese is not even as good as Motoko san's and Chieko san's English, we were very glad Takako san was there - though I'm sure she was tired after translating most of the day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food looks wonderful. Are those actually throw-away chopsticks in paper sleeves? I would think that people there would have chopsicks for use at home like we have silverware.

Tracey said...

The food WAS wonderful, and I'm not sure why we used disposable chopsticks...I personally have several pairs at home. Though they are wasteful, I sometimes prefer the cheap, wooden ones to expensive "keepers" - the wooden ones have much better "gripping" power (though one DOES have to watch out for splinters!).