Friday, August 31, 2007

Dog Daze


You should have seen HOW EXCITED this little guy was when I ate my Sasebo Burger in front of him. Rude, I know, not to offer him any - not even a little nibble - when he was shaking with anticipation. I'm so mean. He was at the festival in Sasebo and I had to sit right behind him on the dock during the concert. As for the Sasebo Burger, it was born in this city thanks to the American base here, and is famous for being - well, I'm not really sure, actually. They just seem to be like the good hamburgers you get in places like TGIF, but burger joints aren't really common in this country. You can get a "hanbaga suteki" - but it sits closer to meatloaf than McDonald's. Anyway - this guy really cracks me up every time I see him. Hope you enjoy :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's even cuter when you enlarge the picture - and I love the pink and white t-shirt. Sure it's a he, Trace?

And not one little nibble??? Poor thing. And when he barked, was it in Japanese??? (Ok - enough already...)

I asked Skip to check at the post office what it would cost to mail you a copy of my new cookbook. Well, the cheapest would be $18. I think I'll mail it to your Dad's and you can "pick it up" there.

Hugs and love, Trace.
xox