Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Kujukushima Matsuri (99 Islands Summer Festival)

Sorry for the absence, but I just got my heart started again after hearing about Dad's surgery last week. If everyone's telling me everything, then it sounds like he'll be OK, but we'll just say it brought up scary memories of what we went through this time last year...so this blog was the least of my worries the past week. Thanks for the prayers, everyone :)

So - even though I had to miss the fireworks on the 4th of July, I must say all the summer festivals and their "hanabi" shows have been worthwhile. Here's a bit of the show at the Saikai Pearl Sea Resort's 99 Island Festival. I am continually delighted to see all the young ladies dressed up in yukatta, since I thought that many girls that age would think such traditional dress was outdated. Apparently not! Whenever I see them at the festivals, they remind me of bright little flowers.

Here's a photo I took from an overlook of some of the 99 Islands...as you can see, Sam's appetite is never satisfied, and the Japansese tourists were even game for a little improv. And here's photographic evidence that I got to the bridge on my bike. After I took a nap underneath the cherry trees at the park by the bridge, I went down to the water to get a better look. The water here is aMAZing. The Saikai Bridge area is famous for its whirlpools caused by the extreme tidal currents.
Mesmerizing.

2 comments:

Mpus Lovers ............. MIAWWWW said...

hii..i think u have gret holiday there,,,nice to find u"r blog...keep blogging!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back and running, Tracey. I think we all had some heart-stopping moments last week. We'll just keep those prayers flowing in "Dad's" direction.

PS: I love the picture of you with the bridge in the background. And it's nice to see Sam out and about again. Hugs and love, niece!
Aunt B.....