Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!



Here are some of the cuties in front of our "e-space" English board. They are the winners of the Valentine's Day word search, and in the other photo you see another student doing a different word search on the board.
And here's a little bit of Japanese culture trivia I might have mentioned last year - Feb. 14 is a day when the ladies give men chocolates...then the men get to wait a month and give something to the ladies on "Howaito Day" (white day), March 14. I'm trying not to get depressed that it's been several years since I've had a Valentine...it would be nice to feel endeared to someone again. But I did get a very cute Valentine card from my aunt - if you look closely, you can see it on the "e-space" board there.
Thanks, Aunt B!
Oh - and good luck (?) to Dad today (he's getting married at his new house in Georgia).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tracey---
Sounds like our Valentine "care package" did not arrive in time; I thought I had mailed it early enough. Anyway---there are some goodies on the way-----and you ARE loved!!

Stay in touch---take care of yourself and keep smilin'

Love------Cathy