Tuesday, November 18, 2008

just hangin' around...


The other day I rode my bike up to Omura (about an hour ride along the coast) to take a really wild dance class. I'm sure there will be another post about the class at a later date once I catch my breath...
Anyway, on the way home I saw some of these persimmons (kaki) hanging, and I can only assume they were doing this to make hoshi kaki. I wondered if the person who did it realized what an excellent example of a complementary color scheme this is!


Here are the hoshi kaki 'in context'. I love all the colors. Notice the basket on the right - that's all the peels. It looks like they used some kind of fishing basket, which would make sense, since this house is nestled right in a little fishing neighborhood right on Omura Bay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....I've got quite the comment re: this & your last post ~ ~ but can't say its appropriate for all eyes reading / seeing such :o)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.