Friday, August 07, 2009

"Back"

Just a quick note to let you know I made it across the ocean and the government even let me back into the country! My first thoughts: I can't believe how big everything is here!
Everything seems a bit surreal right now, but I'm sure it will all come make sense to me eventually. I'm setting about doing research on getting new health insurance, a cell phone, and a new computer...so if anyone has any advice (or knows anyone who'd benefit from setting me up with any of these), please let me know!
OK - now to go find some food to stock my bachelor brother's kitchen...

7 comments:

Cara said...

Bienvenidos a los Estados Unidos!

Another language you haven't heard much in three years. :-)

B said...

Welcome Back Miss Petruff ~ Best wishes for a stress free transition back into American Culture!!!

Barb said...

I am SO glad you made it safely back into the States. Can't wait to hear about your NEW adventures now that you're beginning another journey. Love and hugs to you and Chris. Have fun, Tracey! And call ANYTIME.

Cousin Bill said...

Dear Tracey,

I am looking forward to your arrival with great anticipation. Travel safely and I'll see you at the Portland International Airport in 45 hours.

Love,

Bill

Ted said...

wow, so does that make 3 years over there? That's awesome, what a ride. Welcome back!

Ted

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jon Frashier said...

Tracey,

Happened to stumble across your site as I was cleaning up favorites on my old computer. Seems the site is a bit dead but I thought I would give it a shot anyway. How are things? How's Florida? Miss Japan yet?

Jon Frashier-ex Nagasaki Alt