Tuesday, October 09, 2007

...where the tide ebbs and flows...


Just letting you all know that I'm back home safe from my "pilgrimage" to Hiroshima. I actually spent more time on Miyajima (island), home of this famous gate, because I found it to be a much more peaceful place than Hiroshima City.
I'm told the torii (gate) and shrine are "floating" because the island itself was (is?) considered sacred ground, and so people couldn't set foot on land.
Somehow I don't think Mom would have ever chosen to come here, but I somehow felt a bit of peace as I sat on the stones here watching the tide come in...and go out again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tracey----

Glad you found some peace; Mom might have surprised you!! I'll visit our Boca beach later this week and think of you as our waves come and go.

Take care of yourself----God bless and keep smilin'

Love------Cathy